Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reiki- Energy Therapy

"Reiki" (pronounced "ray-key"), is the Japanese word for "Universal Life Energy." I was first introduce to Reiki when my Mother was going to Cancer Centers of America in Philadelphia. She was in pain and tried the Reiki treatments. The treatments seem to work well for her pain. Developed in the 1920’s by Mikao Usui of Kyoto, Japan this is a hand healing medicine. It uses the heat of the Reiki practitioner hands to guide the energy in the patients body to a certain location enhancing the body's ability to heal or reduce the inflammation causing the pain. The believe is, if one restore harmony and the energy flow within the body it will led to a healthier body.
Any one can learn Reiki. while at the Cancer center they were offering classes. One can check out the hospitals and teaching universities for classes on Reiki. With the high cost and all the side effects of Medication learning an alternative solution is a good thing.
*Photo from sheliapowell.com

3 comments:

  1. As a matter of fact I am a Reiki Master. I am not practicing at the moment. I use to do Reiki for Hospice Patients. I believe I helped. I know I did in some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grampy I wish you lived close by...Hubby's back pain is bad at times. I think reiki will work for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people I know go to these, one day I'm gonna too.! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete