Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day 2010

Groundhog saw his shadow.. 6 more weeks of winter. Read it in the Globe and Mail, Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam sees his shadow. Must be a sunny day there.The sun is not up here on the eastern seaboard. My Rabbit is out of his hole but no Shadow yet. I had a groundhog last year, but he was making a mess in the yard with his holes and eating my plants. So, we had him trapped and moved him to a different location. I should of thought about it, could of had my own Ground Hog Day prediction. Had a party and waited for Mr GroundHog to come out. However now I only have a BIG Rabbit. Maybe I could start another tradition. I hear some folk want to retire Mr Sam the Ground hog.
Now Punxsutawney Phil will be making he debut at dawn on Gobbler's Knob, northeast of Pittsburgh. Will he seal the fate? In about a few hour we will see. It is 7:45 here and no sun in sight.

photo:Ben Hughes, one of Punxsutawney Phil's handlers, holds the famous groundhog in the air after pulling him from his stump on Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, in this 2007 file photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment